This is done so that handicapable dancers can dance at their conventions with other handicapable groups across the states and all be able to mingle and dance together.
I've tried the two different levels with the Hakuna Matatas and have decided to use most of the suggested calls by combining both lists.
One of the main reasons is due to our door is always open for new dancers. We try to dance an easier tip then a little more challenging one throughout the night. I announce it over the microphone, but realize that everyone gets up to dance, no matter what I say...hahaha.
So, for you parents and guardians that are learning how to square dance and may have questions about some of the calls and how we dance them here is the list I like to use, and if you go to the site you can click on it to find out their explanations and definitions. http://www.d4bp.com/Define.html
Circle Left/Right
Forward & Back
Swing
Promenade Single File
Arm Turns
Couple Promenade
DoSaDo
Allemande Left
Right & Left Grand
Star Right/Left
Pass Thru
U-turn Back
Courtesy Turn
Ladies Chain Two/Four
Right & Left Thru
Separate
Split the Couple/Ring
Roll Away 1/2 Sashay
Lead Right/Left
Circle to a Line
Bend the Line
Star Promenade
Wheel Around
Grand Square
Star Thru
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.